Anzac Day commemoration – Saturday 25 April 2020
This year’s ANZAC Day will be marked differently than to any other year in our history, but there are many ways you can safely honour our veterans at home.
Broadcast ANZAC services to listen to/watch:
* Watch the Australian War Memorial National ANZAC Day service from 5.30am on ABC TV.
* Watch the Dawn Service at Melbourne’s Shrine of Remembrance from 5:50am. This service will be closed to both the public and service communities.
* It will be broadcast on Channel 9 from 5.50am, on the ABC and Channel 7 from 6:10am; and on ABC Radio and 3AW from 6:10am.
* It will be livestreamed on the Shrine Facebook page
There are a number of things you can do:
* At 6.00am we are encouraging everyone to walk to your driveway, yard or balcony with a lit candle to observe a minute of silence.
* Listen out – a number of people have contacted us to say they’ll be playing the Last Post on speakers – also our piper will be doing a lone performance at the war memorial.
However – whatever you do – please don’t go to the war memorial at 6.00am.
* Post to our facebook page a photo of how you and family have commemorated – we would love to see what the community has done.
* Also Share a photo or video of you and your family’s tribute on social media.
* At some stage during the day place a floral tribute (can be flowers from the garden) at the war memorial – just remember social distancing.
From the Mt Evelyn RSL Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/MtEvelynRsl